Don't miss this chance to be photographed by the very talented Jose Villa! If J and I were going to be in town I would submit us in a heartbeat.
30 June 2010
29 June 2010
The boyfriend and I are leaving for Martha's Vineyard on Friday (with a little stop in NYC) for a total of 11 days and it can't get here fast enough! I have been going to Martha's Vineyard every summer with my family since I was 6 years old. Our house is in Menemsha, a small fishing village on the north-west side of the Island. It is truly one of the most magical places in the world. Here are some photos of The Vineyard from years past...
28 June 2010
intr.v. romped, romp·ing, romps
1. To play or frolic boisterously.
2. To run or advance in a rapid or easy manner.
3. Slang To win a race or game easily.
1. Lively, merry play; frolic.
2. Lively or frolicsome play that encompasses lovemaking.
3. One, especially a girl, that sports and frolics.
After reading the definition of romp, it is no wonder I love wearing rompers so very much. When I put one on I want to partake in all the things above.
If you know me at all, you know that I have a slight obsession with jumpsuits and rompers. I own more then my fare share, yet I am still drawn in every time I see one. They are the perfect getup for Los Angeles' hot summer days. Since summer is officially here I thought I would post some of my favorites from here and there...
1. Modcloth Celebutante Romper $49.99, 2. Modcloth Knowhow Romper $37.99, 3. Arden B. Crochet Back Romper on sale for $29
7. F21 Claudia Floral Romper $19.80, 8. Rebecca Taylor Summer Silk Playsuit $295, 9. Dolce Vita Open Back Romper $143
25 June 2010
I am quite obsessed with wallpaper these days. I have dreams of wallpapering my whole house, or at least one room...
While visiting a friend's gorgeously wallpapered house this past weekend I was smitten with all the unique colors and charming prints. Turns out all of her wallpaper is from a store called Walnut on Beverly Blvd, walking distance from my house. Check out their site, each print is perfectly edited and cuter then the next. Plus they ship all over for you non Angelinos.
Here is a sampling of some of my favorite Walnut wallpaper patterns. Get ready for some serious eye candy...
Doesn't that make you want to wallpaper everything?! I will definitely be taking a stroll over there this weekend to check it out in person.
Happy Weekend xx
Happy Weekend xx
24 June 2010
I have always been drawn to the more woodsy, musky scents. I think there is something so sexy about a woman wearing a traditionally more masculine scent. Here are some of my current favorite perfumes and Eau de toilettes...
1. Narciso Rodriguez For Her $56.95 Musk is at the heart of For Her. The fragrant harmony of the musk expresses itself through three pulsations; honey flower, radiant amber, and tactile wood. This fragrant harmony develops gently and slowly, rounding out into the warm tones of sunkissed skin, dusted in a soft, velvety sensuality
2. L'Artisan Parfmeur Navegar $95 Inspired by the “black diamond”, pepper, Navegar perfectly showcases the dual nature of this king of spices, its warmth and its bracing freshness. With notes of rum, lime, ginger and anise, it is a piquant cocktail resting on a luxurious base of precious woods and incense.
3. L'Artisan Parfumeur Patchouli Patch $95 A very chic and modern version of patchouli with a dash of white musk. A rare and innovative blend. Patchouli Patch is truly a delight, just like velvet on skin.
4. Khiels Musk 1921 Oil $26 This modern version of our classic signature scent is based on the unique blend that is Kiehl's Musk. Our special Musk "recipe" begins with an initial creamy, fresh citrus burst of Bergamot Nectar and Orange Blossom...followed by a soft floral bouquet of Rose, Lily, Ylang-Ylang and Neroli. Finally, Original Musk Eau de Toilette dries down to a warm, sensual Oriental finish of Tonka Nut, White Patchouli and, of course, Musk...the soul of this distinctively modern scent.
5. L'Artisan Parfumeur Mure et Musc $95 From its fine bottle initially rises the fresh enchanting scent of the blackberry season followed by its fruity heart with the soft, intoxicating sensuality of musk reinforcing the blackberry note, bringing forth sensuous memories to make you delicately dizzy.
6. Pacifica Mediterannean Fig $22 Earth meets ocean in this green, full-bodied cocktail of sweet fig, palm, cyclamen, moss, and clove, all set in a luscious sandalwood base. Sensuous and complex, it's a wonderfully imaginative take on classic fig. The scent of a fig tree is like nothing else in the world—this essence is easy to wear and layer, for both men and women. Embark on a fragrant journey, full of life, history, and lore. This blend is inspired by the brilliant, classic French interpretation of fig, using all the elements of the tree, creating the sense of standing under its branches.
(I get the most compliments when I wear Narciso Rodriguez For Her and Patchouli Patch)
23 June 2010
22 June 2010
I am loving my new Jeffrey Campbell Miller Oxfords...
They are super comfy and perfect for summer with their cutout design. They come in beige and gray and would look awfully cute with some ankle socks and a skirt.
I love the kitsch factor of vintage paint-by-numbers. They are a perfect way to add art to your home without breaking the bank. My clever mother turned me on to them years ago when she found one on ebay, cut it in half and placed it in two frames side by side. It now sits happily in my home...
Both Etsy and Ebay are great sources for vintage paint by numbers. Here is a sprinkling of what I found...
Clockwise from top left: Boy and Lake $22, Sailboat $26, Two Deers $29, Horses starting bid $9.95, Rustic Wilderness starting bid $24.50, Vintage Roses $6.50
21 June 2010
All I want right now is a floppy felt hat like The Cherry Blossom Girl...
The one above is from American Apparel, but they seem to be sold out of gray.
Here is what I did find...
18 June 2010
These pictures came out last month, but I can't stop thinking about Michelle Williams' hair cut and that adorable dress she wore to the 2010 Cannes Film Festival...
If I was going to chop off all my hair, this is the cut I would want...
Or maybe I can't stop thinking about Michelle Williams and dreamy Ryan Gosling...
He is my favorite.
If you want a good laugh check out fuckyeahryangosling.tumblr.com
17 June 2010
If you wear glasses you need to know about Warby Parker. Every super stylish pair is only $95 including your prescription ( yup seriously) and for every pair you buy they donate a pair to someone in need. Love that!
Hmm, but order glasses online? How will you know they'll look right? Don't fret they have thought of everything! You can choose up to five frames for a free five day trial. They give you a prepaid shipping label and you just pop them back in the mail. Don't feel like waiting? You can upload your photo to their site and have a virtual try on...
I look best in the Huxley frame.
Here are a few other favorites...
Lots more styles to choose from on their site. Check it out!